||Remote zones for Local Area Networks
You can create common
zones: 1 zone for several computers. These zones are good for
searching corporate networks for shared documents. You can save a
lot of time with this option.
How it works:
- Create standard zone on the server (one computer).
- Copy the zone folder to the shared folder.
- Create this zone on client computers (other computers) as a
To create a remote zone:
- Run Index Manager (select the 'Manage Search Zones' item from
the 'Options' menu of the main window).
- Select a zone, click the 'Properties' button and switch to the
- Select the 'Remote zone' checkbox and set the shared
To copy a zone folder from the server to the shared
You can copy it manually or create a .bat file to automate this
process (see our example for 2 zones).
copy "zone1\*.*" "\\server1\zones\zone1" /Y
copy "zone2\*.*" "\\server1\zones\zone2" /Y
---end of CopyZones.bat---
You can create the CopyZones.bat file in Notepad, copy our example
to it, change "zone1" and "zone2" to the actual names of your zones
and save it to the Instant Document Search folder on the
(C) Copyright 2003-2007
Sowsoft, LLC; all names mentioned in the text are trademarks (tm)
or registered trademarks (r) of their respectful owners.